Feeling a little peckish? Spicy Pumpkins Seeds are perfect! A fantastic, snappy, on-the-go snack, a crunchy sprinkle on your favorite salad, our Spicy Pumpkin Seeds are your go-to to add a little zip to your day or entree.
- 3 C. soaked organic raw pumpkin seeds
- ¾ C. coconut amino acids
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 ½ tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/8 to ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- Salt to taste
- Place all ingredients in a shallow dish and coat the pumpkin seeds.
- Pour onto 2 non-stick dehydrator trays with paraflexx sheets (If using a conventional oven use a baking sheet lined with parchment paper)
- Place in dehydrate at 115 for hours for 4-5 hours, then remove the paraflexx sheets and place seeds on the perforated sheets. (When using a conventional oven please set to lowest temperature. Keep the door cracked open and if you have an oven fan please use that as well. Place the sheet in the oven and check after 1.5-2 hours. Ovens dehydrate faster than dehydrators.)
- Continue dehydrating for another 4-5 hours, or until the seeds are dry and crunchy. (If using a conventional oven cut this time to 1.5 to 2 hours)
NOTE: If you desire more or less spice adjust accordingly. Add different dried peppers