Goodmorning, Sunshine! Like sunrise in a cup, you can sip through warming and zingy tea throughout the day for a little pick-me-up or first thing in the morning to jump start your day. Let the sunshine in with a little lemon, ginger and tumeric tea!
- 1½ C. of filtered water
- 1 tsp. of fresh thinly sliced turmeric root (or ½ tsp. of turmeric powder)
- 1 tsp. of thinly sliced ginger root (or ½ tsp. of ginger powder)
- 1/8 tsp. whole stevia leaf or 3 drops of liquid stevia
- ½ lemon, juiced (with or without peel)
- Black pepper or cayenne to taste
- Heat water to about 175 degrees
- Add the turmeric, ginger and whole stevia leaf allowing it to steep for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Do not let the mixture come to a boil
- Strain the hot liquid and pour into a cup or mug
- Stir in the lemon juice and add a pinch of black pepper or cayenne
Although turmeric and ginger are good for you, avoid taking large doses especially if you have gallstones, bleeding disorders, overly acidic stomach or are pregnant or nursing. Also avoid large doses if you are taking any medication that contains blood thinner.