9-day Spiritual Juice Fasting Retreat
November 2-10, 2020 | Neve Shalom, Israel
A unique comprehensive program
A ‘Reset’ experience for body, mind, and spirit.
ABOUT THE RETREAT
This unique juice fasting retreat is designed to replenish your physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual wellsprings through spiritually energized meditation, insightful lectures, 100% organic fresh raw juices, TriYoga®, spiritual teachings, and soaking in the Dead Sea. This experience is set to awaken within you a far greater connection to your soul and consciousness.
“I often observe in fasting participants that by four days of fasting, concentration seems to improve, creative thinking expands, depression lifts, insomnia stops, anxieties fade, the mind becomes more tranquil, and a natural joy begins to appear. It is my hypothesis that when the physical toxins are cleared from the brain cells, mind-brain function automatically and significantly improves and spiritual capacities expand.”Dr. Gabriel Cousens
While fasting, we detox, slow down the aging process, lose weight, stimulate healing and recovery of chronic conditions, and improve overall vitality and brain function.
The result is a healthier more radiant new you.
During this retreat, we will emphasize how we can reach a deeper connection to our soul by creating a quiet mind, going back to our sacred design, and accessing higher spiritual energies.
Within every person there is a dormant spark of pure Divine potential. During the Spiritual Fast that dormant spark is highly likely to become activated and empowered. We then carry this spark with us out into the world to share it abroad. In that way we help to fulfill the prophecy of Isaiah 42:6, which calls us to “be a light to the nations“Dr. Gabriel Cousens
The fast is lead by Dr. Gabriel Cousens M.D., M.D.(H), N.D.(h.c.), D.D., an acknowledged holistic physician, yogi, spiritual guide, and “the fasting guru and detoxification expert” (as recognized by the New York Times), and his wife Shanti Cousens, M.A., a TriYoga® senior teacher. Together, they have been leading fasts for over 30 years worldwide, and for the last 13 years in Israel with participants from all over the world.
ABOUT THE LOCATION
Neve Shalom in Hebrew means Oasis of Peace.
A country-side hotel in the Tuscan-like heart of the Judean Hills at the Jewish-Arab community village of Neve Shalom offers lodging in the spirit of peace and coexistence.
The Neve Shalom hotel is just off the main road between Tel Aviv and Jerusalem, next to the Monastery of Latrun, bordered by woods, nestled among greenery, and overlooking a magnificent view of the Ayalon Valley.
The rooms are all ground-level and spaced over 4 rows giving every room a spectacular view of the Ayalon Valley. The grounds are surrounded by welcoming lawns on pleasant corners of the hillside full of trees and greenery, including local culinary and medicinal herbs. The rooms are spacious, each with its own terrace, private bathroom and shower, air conditioning, small fridge, and electric hot water kettle for tea.
The Neve Shalom cooperative community was jointly founded by Jewish and Arab citizens of Israel, living together in peace and equality. At the village, there is a Visitors Center, a Pluralistic Spiritual Center, a House of Silence and Meditation, a School for Peace training, and a Peace Library as well as a binational, multi-cultural elementary school and kindergarten.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM AND DAILY SCHEDULE
• The workshop is a relaxed, joyful process with space for silence, music, nature, and meditation. The daily schedule offers various activities to choose from and yet leaves space for slowing down and being in nature. Resting greatly supports the rejuvenation process.
• Your attendance is required only during the daily morning Check-in talks with Dr. Cousens at 8:00-9:30, and the opening and closing talks on day 1 and day 9.
• You are requested to stay within the village area during all the days of the retreat.
• Language: The workshop is led in English and designed for an international audience. Translation to Hebrew is offered if necessary.
Daily activities are from 7:00 am to 9:30 pm with plenty of time to rest in between. See the list below.
Organic cold-press juices are served 4 times a day on a group gathering: 8:00 am, 12:00 noon, 3:00 pm, 6:30 pm. You can have extra juice if needed, and it’s recommended to drink water and herbal teas during the day as well.
Every morning: group Check-in talk with Dr. Cousens – supervision and follow up with the fasting process. Here you can ask questions and share your experience.
Day 1: Arrival, Entering the Fast
Arrival, after checking-in and dinner, we’ll enter the fast. The opening talk is ‘Must Attend’.
Days 2-8: 7 Days of Fasting
7 full juice-fasting days with various daily activities to choose from. See the list below.
Day 9: Coming off the Fast & Departure
Break-fast, Important closing talks, Lunch, and Departure.
It’s important to come off the fast in the right way, so you will have a safe and pleasant return to everyday activity with minimal difficulty. Nearly all people can return to work on the day after.
• 2 levels of Yoga Practice – TriYoga with Shanti, and Hatha Yoga for beginners with Janah.
• 2 daily Silent Sitting Meditation – with guidelines if you’re new to meditation.
• Detox Processes – personal kit provided.
• A visit to the Dead Sea beach – about a 1-hour drive away.
• Free time to rest in the room, and around the gardens.
• Live Music & singing with musicians. Artist workshops.
• Kabbalistic Meditation and Kundalini Attunement.
• Spiritual Talk/ Conscious Living Talk with Dr. Cousens.
• Kabbalat Shabbat Ceremony on Friday evening.
CONTACT US IN ISRAEL