What makes this green juice so dreamy? Granny Smith Apple and avocado! Green juice doesn’t have to be boring to be enjoyable and nutritious.
Ingredients for 32 ounces/one quart:
- 1 granny smith apple, cored and chopped
- ½ C. cucumber, chopped
- ½ C. celery, chopped
- ½ C. cilantro, with stems
- ¼ C. fresh basil
- 1 ½ C. of dandelion greens
- 2 Tbsp. lime or lemon juice
- Filtered water (See directions below as to how much water to add)
- ½ small avocado
- Add all ingredients into the blender, EXCEPT the avocado (This will be about 4 ½ cups in your blender)
- Add filtered water up to the 5 C. line (about ½” to 1” above your veggies)
- Blend well
- For more texture serve as is or pour into nut milk bag (you can use a coffee filter and cheesecloth if you don’t have a nut milk bag. You can purchase nut milk bags at our online store: https://www.drcousensonlinestore.com/product-p/vu-048.htm ) and strain for thinner consistency.
- Pour back into blender, add avocado and gently blend
- Optional: add all ingredients to your juicer and juice
- Add desired amount of water and pour juice into blender, add the avocado and then blend until smooth.
Equipment: Blender, knife, cutting board, apple corer, nut milk bag (optional: juicer)
NOTE: Using an auger (slow rpm) juicer will preserve more of the nutrients. If you do not have one and have a blender, the nutrient benefits are still excellent compared to stopping by a store and picking up a coffee drink or bottled juice that has a 45-day shelf life.