See how simple replacing salt is!
- 1 cup EVOO
- ½ cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
Vinaigrette w/out Salt
- 1 cup EVOO
- ½ cup lemon, lime juice or raw coconut vinegar
- 1 tsp grated ginger or ginger juice
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp fresh basil. diced
- 2 tsp fresh oregano, diced
- 2 tsp fresh cilantro, diced
Place all ingredients to a bowl and whisk, or a jar, put on lid and shake
Ingredients to Replace Salt
- Citrus – lemon, lime. Orange, grapefruit and other citrus
- Cayenne pepper, hot peppers
- More fresh herbs, or dried herbs
- Vinegars, preferably raw vegan like coconut vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- Garlic and or onion, shallots
- Celery/Celery juice (contains salt)
- Nori and sea vegetables (contains salt)
Even though salt can improve the flavor of many foods, there’s a world of delicious alternatives, like:
- Ginger – use a microplane to zest fresh peeled ginger into stir-fries, sauces, and marinades.
- Citrus– the fresh juice and zest of lemon, lime, orange, grapefruit, and other citrus fruits adds a tangy zip to dressings, sauces, veggies, grilled meats, and many other dishes.
- Black pepper– freshly ground pepper has a stronger smell and more intense flavor than pre-ground pepper.