- 1½ cups of filtered drinking water
- 1 teaspoon of fresh thin sliced turmeric root (or ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder)
- 1 teaspoon of thin sliced ginger root (or ½ teaspoon of ginger powder)
- 1/8 tsp whole stevia leaf or 3 drop of stevia liquid
- ½ lemon, juiced (with or without peel)
- Black pepper or cayenne to taste
- Heat water to about 175 degrees
- Add the turmeric, ginger and whole stevia leaf allowing it to steep for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Do not let the mixture come to a boil
- Strain the hot liquid and pour into a cup or mug
- Stir in the lemon juice and add a pinch of black pepper or cayenne
Although turmeric and ginger is good for you, avoid taking large doses most especially if you have gallstones, bleeding disorders, overly acidic stomach or are pregnant or nursing. Also avoid large doses if you are taking any medication that contains blood thinner.