Tree of Life Dharma (Etiquette)
The Tree of Life is a place of sacred power, which acts as an Oasis for Awakening for all who choose to rest under its shade. It is a force to expand the consciousness of its participants. As a spiritual energy field it is also affected by the behavior and thoughts of its participants as well. The purer the thoughts and actions of its participants, whether staff, apprentices, volunteers, guests, or clients, the more power the Tree generates as an Abode of Awakening. The karmas that we bring to the Tree of Life may be readily burnt up here, but the karmas we create at the Tree are amplified and difficult to wash away. Because of this spiritual principle, it is helpful to have an understanding of how to be in the sacred space of the Tree of Life in a way that will most powerfully spiritually uplift, awaken, and expand consciousness. These ancient universal Essene teachings support us in this dharmic way of being – right thought, speech, action, and service. This way of being in your life is beneficial to you at the Tree of Life and in every moment no matter where you are.
1. See the name of God in front of you at all times. Proverbs 16:8. “Keep your mind on God in every moment.” Rabbi Gabriel Cousens, M.D.
2. “Be still know I Am God.” Essene Gospel of Peace, The Vision of Enoch and Psalm 46:10.
3. Sh’ma Israel Adonai Eloheinu Adonai Ehad. Deuteronomy (Dvarim) 6:4. “God is the One and the Many.” Rabbi Gabriel Cousens, M.D.
4. Teshuva: “Return to God and know the Self.” Rabbi Gabriel Cousens, M.D.
5. Tikkun Ha Nefesh and Tikkun Ha Olam: “Participate in the healing and spiritual transformation of oneself and the world.” Rabbi Gabriel Cousens, M.D.
6. Shalom: “Peace on all seven levels; peace with the body, mind, family, community, culture, ecology, and God.” Rabbi Gabriel Cousens, M.D., Sevenfold Peace
7. “Earth is the Lord’s” Isaiah 6:3. “See and respect the Divine in all things living and inert – in all of creation.” Rabbi Gabriel Cousens, M.D.
8. “Do not forsake the eternal for that which dieth in an hour.” Essene Teacher of Righteousness.
9. Whatever God does is for the best – although we may not understand it. “All the teaching at the Tree helps you choose spiritual elevation by all your continual trials and tests through your faith, love, devotion, and intuitive understanding.” Rabbi Gabriel Cousens, M.D.
10. “Love your neighbor as yourself” Leviticus 19:18
11. “Do not gossip! Leshon hara (“a tongue of evil”) is a poison to you and actively harmful to the one to whom you direct the gossip. In the Kabbalah gossip is equal to murder. This includes speaking in undermining ways and to be in blame (Be Lame) consciousness. It is more powerful to speak benevolent Truth in a way that uplifts consciousness.” Rabbi Gabriel Cousens, M.D.
12. “Living the Garden of Eden Diet which is an Organic, Vegan, 80-100% Live-Food, Drug Free Diet” Genesis 1:29-30 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.” Leviticus (Shemini 8-10) The lord said to Aharon “’Do not drink wine or strong drink [any form of mind altering drug], thou, nor thy sons with thee, when you enter the tent of meeting, lest you die; it shall be a statute forever throughout your generations.”
13. “Receive the gifts of the Tree of Life Foundation so that you may share and uplift others with them.” Rabbi Gabriel Cousens, M.D.
The Essence of the Tree of Life Dharma is to create an inner stillness that allows us to constantly be in a state of one pointed meditation on the Divine.