Internationally acclaimed as one of the most holistic, comprehensive live-food training programs available, the Conscious Eating course offers an amazingly thorough exploration of the intricacies of a plant-based lifestyle. It illuminates the powerful role that live food has in the enhancement of all levels of being. Physically, a diet comprised of plant-based, live foods is associated with the amelioration of many diseases, including diabetes, depression, cancer, heart disease, osteoporosis, arthritis, and more. Emotionally, making compassionate food choices is profoundly powerful in promoting peace with the self and with the ecology of the planet. Spiritually, a diet of live plant foods supports our bodies and energies as superconductors for the Divine. Optimal health, longevity, vitality, spiritual upliftment, and attunement are hallmarks of a live food lifestyle.
In this eye-opening journey, your relationship with food will be fundamentally altered. The aim of the program is not only to educate about the benefits of a live, plant-based lifestyle, but also to train participants in meal preparation. This includes lectures from Dr. Cousens, and food prep demonstration from Tree of Life Café chefs. Another unique feature of the Conscious Eating Intensive is that it is one of the the only low-glycemic, live-food preparation courses in the world, making the recipes accessible to those with diabetes, hypoglycemia, insulin resistance, candida, and other blood-sugar related health challenges. Preparing live cuisine becomes an act of love, an opportunity for creative expression, and a potent portal to the divine. You will quickly see why Dr. Gabriel Cousens, MD, MD (H), DD, has become one of the world’s leading experts in holistic healing, live food, and spirituality.
Begin the booking process by filling out our Health Intake Form.
Unique Program Offerings and Dates
August 03 – August 09
November 09 – November 15
Includes all the core program offerings plus:
Dr. Cousens’ most important live-food lectures. May include:
-Intro to Conscious Eating
-Why Live Food
-Individualizing Your Diet
-Rainbow Green Live Food Cuisine
- Food Prep Lecture and Demos with Acclaimed Live Food Chef and Educator
- Sprouting Class and tour of the Tree of Life sprout house.
- In addition to the meals provided by the cafe, you’ll also be able to snack on the demonstrations.
- 5 days of 100% Organic, plant-source-only, low-glycemic, live food, gourmet meals at the world renowned Tree of Life Cafe
- Q & A with Dr. Cousens
- Q & A with Acclaimed Live Food Chef and Educator
- Experience tasty and healing cuisine provided by the Tree of Life Café
Conscious Eating Certificate
Core Program Offerings
- Morning and Evening Meditation
- Satsang (Spiritual Q&A), Kirtan (Devotional Chanting) or other Spiritual Programs
- Shaktipat Initiation (Friday Evenings) when Dr. Cousens is onsite
- Spiritual Teachings from the Yoga, Kabbalah, and Native American Traditions
- Optional Inipi (Native American Sweat Lodge) held approximately once per month
- Experience the World’s Largest Chartes Labyrinth
- Yoga or Qi Gong Classes 5 Days a week. (Kali Ray TriYoga™ style when Yogini Shanti Golds Cousens is available)
- Nature & Hiking Trails
- Far Infrared Sauna
- Chlorine-Free Hot Tubs
- Salt Water Swimming Pool (unheated)
- Daily informal discussions on varied subjects that support your transition and transformation
- Conscious Eating Food Prep Classes
- Weekly Sprouting Class (learn to grow your own sprouts and wheatgrass)
- Unlimited Wheatgrass Grown with Ocean Minerals and Effective Microorganisms
- 100% Organic (no-exceptions!), plant-source-only, live food, gourmet meals at the world renowned Tree of Life Café*
- Holistic Lifestyle Immersion – immerse yourself in a healing and supportive environment without the distractions or temptations of the outer world. The whole experience is orientated around enduring radiant health and spiritual growth.
- Eco-Therapy. Spending time close to nature is a healing force all of its own. The Tree of Life experience takes you back to basics. We offer some of the very best stargazing in the country, pristine views, and an experience that is very close to nature.
- Digital Detox (if you so choose). There are no TVs at the Tree of Life, and we offer wireless internet only in one building.
- Experience life at a leading plant-source only holistic center. How do people that live this way live? What products do they use? How does it work for them?
- Social support. Spend time with like-minded guests and a staff that is well-versed and committed to spiritual growth and a holistic plant-based lifestyle.
- Access to the Tree of Life Wellness Spa (please see menu and additional fees apply to treatments not included in package or program)
All activities are optional and offered as a way to enhance your experience
* If you are coming to the Tree to fast, meals are offered before and after your fast based on your fasting schedule
The Tree of Life Rejuvenation Center spreads across 180 acres of land, nestled within the pristine natural setting of the Mountain Empire of Patagonia. Our lodging is intentionally simple to inspire a profound inward journey. We have three on-site accommodation locations: the Eco Casitas, the Garden House and the Orchard House. Prices for single occupancy lodging in eight of our Casitas and the Orchard House are included in program rates. For those that prefer more privacy, please see the “Lodging Upgrades” options listed below.
The Eco Casitas are rustic yet bright and clean roomssurrounding a Spanish-style courtyard with beautiful views of the panoramic Patagonia Mountains and Mount Wrightson. The casitas were ecologically and sustainably built using straw bale.
There are eight single occupancy rooms that are equipped with natural latex beds, a wardrobe and a dresser. The eight casitas share four bathrooms with stand in showers and are only a few steps from the rooms. A simple outdoor kitchen station offers refrigeration and tea next to a shaded sitting area. It is a friendly, open, and communal atmosphere.
Two infrared saunas border the courtyard. Each room has a ceiling fan. Due to our high elevation, nights in Patagonia are comfortable even during the hot months – night temperatures average about 65 degrees during the summer. To ensure a quiet, contemplative stay for our guests, these rooms do not have evaporative cooling or air conditioning.
The Eco Casitas are just a short walk away from our café, wheatgrass station, hot tubs, and sundecks. They are about a 10 minute walk to the meditation temple and labyrinth, and a 15 minute walk to the Oasis. The Eco Casitas are about a 20 minute walk from the food production gardens and the Unity Room which hosts yoga, dance and qi gong classes.
The Orchard House offers accommodations in a house setting, with a large porch and majestic view of the beautiful Red Mountain. Here we offer four guest rooms, a shared living room, kitchen (no stove), and a laundry room. The Orchard House is cooled with evaporative coolers.
Rooms in the Orchard House are equipped with two twin size natural latex beds and a shared wardrobe and dresser. Two bathrooms are shared with other guests. The Orchard House is right next to the Oasis. It is a 5 minute walk from the Unity Room, which hosts yoga or other movement classes and the food production garden. It is a 15 minute walk up to the café, wheatgrass station, sundecks, and hot tubs, and a 20 minute walk to the meditation temple and labyrinth.
Double occupancy is available with a roommate of the same gender (unless attending with family or friend and wish to share a room) and a shared room discount is available.
The Eco Casitas have two additional rooms, each with a queen bed and private bathroom: $40 per night single or double occupancy.
The Garden House overlooks the gardens and is close to the Unity Room, where yoga classes are held. It has two guest rooms, each with a queen bed and its own full bathroom, as well as a shared living room, kitchen, and laundry room. The bathrooms have standing showers, not full bathtubs. The Garden House is cooled with evaporative coolers.
The Garden House is located a short 5 minute walk from the Oasis. It’s about a 20 minute walk to the meditation temple and labyrinth, and 15 minute walk to the café, wheatgrass station, infrared sauna, hot tubs, and sundecks. Garden House Room 1 with a private bathroom: $85 extra per night – single or double occupancy. Garden House Room 2 with a private bathroom: $100 extra per night – single or double occupancy. Room 2 is slightly bigger than Room 1 with more panoramic views and therefore has a higher rate.
Off-Site Housing Options
Guests may also stay off-site at one of the local bed and breakfasts or guest houses. Patagonia is a small mountain town with only one main street and no traffic lights. Partner locations are only few minutes driving distance away from the Tree of Life campus. Please click the link to view local lodging options: http://www.patagoniaaz.com/lodging.html
We are committed to creating and maintaining a natural environment for our guests. This means we do not use pesticides and herbicides anywhere on our grounds. As a result, during certain seasonal conditions, we have a commensurate number of insects. We take every step possible to ensure a quality guest experience by using natural repellants, essential oils, tightly fitted window screens and screen doors. Our housekeeping staff and maintenance crew work around the clock to keep the rooms clean and the grounds tidy. Our guest services department is happy to address any issues you may have as they arise.
Our water is well water that is pumped through solar energy. The drinking water is filtered through a Reverse Osmosis (RO) water purification system and minerals are provided to add to the water. All guest rooms are cleaned daily with all-natural, chemical-free products.
We do not offer in-room phones, TV, or stereo. This is intentional, to facilitate a feeling of complete retreat. We do not have wireless internet available at any of the three accommodation locations. Internet is available at the Oasis.
Please click the link to view the map of the Tree of Life Rejuvenation Center facilities: Tree of Life Map
Before I Arrive
We are located in a high desert mountain area and, depending on the time of year, the climate can vary greatly. Please refer to our Welcome Guide for more detailed information on what to pack and how best to prepare for your stay. Each program and/or package may have unique preparations and will be discussed in detail with one of our program consultants before your arrival.
How Do I Get There?
Whether you are driving or flying, we are an easy destination to reach. We are located an hour’s drive southeast of the Tucson Airport. Whether you are driving or flying, we are an easy destination to reach. We are located an hour’s drive southeast of the Tucson Airport. See our Directions to get general driving directions, and from the Tucson Airport to the Tree of Life.
If you are flying to Tucson, there are several car rental companies from which to choose. If you are not renting a car, talk to your Program Consultant about drivers that can provide a ride to and from the airport for a fee.
- Refund Policy: Program cancellations are refunded in full, less a processing fee ($100 or$200 depending on the program), with notice more than 30 days prior to your check-in day. Cancellations, including a shortening of stay, made within the 30-days prior to check-in are not refundable nor are the funds transferable, except in the case of Holistic Vegan Vacations or Juice Fast Detox programs, for which refunds are available until 14 days ahead of the scheduled arrival date (processing fees apply). Room changes are subject to a $50 processing/housekeeping charge, per change.
- For legal reasons, we cannot keep your credit card information for future reference. Therefore, it is necessary to have your card physically with you for all charges while at our Center. When making bookings or purchases from afar, please be prepared to offer your card information in full – even if you have made many purchases from the Tree of Life in the past.
- You must check in with the Front Desk by 4pm in order to stay with us on the day you arrive. If for some reason this is not doable, please plan to stay at a hotel either in Tucson or Patagonia (Patagonia hotels typically close by 8pm) and check in with us the following day. Make sure you have communicated your scheduled arrival time with the Front Desk (520-394-2520, ext. 5 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The Tree of Life is not set up as a 24-hour medical crisis center; we are not equipped to handle urgent medical care needs and are not in possession of a defibrillator machine or emergency equipment. We are not a rehab center for coming off of drugs and/or alcohol, and are not set up to provide special care for clients who have special physical, physiological or emotional needs. If you need special care or assistance in getting around our property, we require that you bring someone with you to help meet your special needs. We require that all clients disclose any significant health issues prior to coming to the Tree of Life. Anyone at high risk for needing emergency medical care should not come to the Tree of Life unless this risk has been brought to the attention of Dr. Cousens. If our medical staff determines that a client is in need of urgent medical care while staying at the Tree of Life, the client is required to pay any or all ambulance and hospital fees.
- If significant health issues are not disclosed prior to arrival, Tree of Life Association reserves the right to ask a guest to leave without a refund.
- In the event that emergency care is required and to be administered by the Tree of Life medical staff, you will be billed for these additional medical services. For help from our nursing staff, it will cost $60 an hour. Dr. Cousens’ assistance is $490 per hour (this is subject to change). These additional medical services may include, but are not limited to, intravenous therapies and after-hours monitoring. Fees for these services are to be paid at time of service. You have the option to refuse these services, in which case you will be required to go to the hospital. It is the Tree of Life’s preference to attend to these special needs on Tree of Life property; however, in some cases, such as Type 1 diabetic ketoacidosis, hospital care will be the only option. The Tree of Life medical team will arrange for transportation to the hospital should such an event occur.
Diabetes Recovery Program, 21 Day Transformation Program, Spiritual Fast, Zero Point, Conscious Eating, Expanding Culinary Joy, Essene Workshops, Portals to Liberation, Permaculture Courses, and the 27 Day Masters Intensive: Cancellations are refunded in full, less a $200 processing fee, with notice more than 30 days prior to your check-in day. Cancellations, including a shortening of stay, made 30-days or less prior to check-in are not refundable nor are the funds transferable. Room changes are subject to a $50 processing/housekeeping charge, per change.
Specialty Vacation: Cancellations are refunded in full, less a $200 processing fee, with notice more than 14 days prior to your check-in day. Cancellations, including a shortening of stay, made 14-days or less prior to check-in are not refundable nor are the funds transferable. Room changes are subject to a $50 processing/housekeeping charge, per change.
10/17/24 Day Detox Programs: Cancellations are refunded in full, less a $200 processing fee, with notice more than 14 days prior to your check-in day. Cancellations, including a shortening of stay, made 14-days or less prior to check-in are not refundable nor are the funds transferable. Room changes are subject to a $50 processing/housekeeping charge, per change.